This Skinny Peanut Butter Cheesecake thing happened after I went to the Cheesecake Factory. I don’t know if you’ve ever been to the cheesecake factory, but getting out of there alive – not having stuffed your face with carrot cake cheesecake (which I will skinnify someday, mark my words) – is a literal blessing. I walked by a display case enclosed with every type of cheesecake you could ever think of. No, I will not list them – I’m afraid I may just pass out thinking of the many different desserts that can be perfected using cream cheese and sugar. But I will say, everyone must try the cheesecake factory’s cheesecake at least once in their life. So leaving the restaurant, I thought to myself: what are two of the world’s most perfect foods? Cheesecake and peanut butter. So how can I make them, you know, like, even more perfect? Put them together. So I did. And I am now eating Skinny Peanut Butter Cheesecake for days on days on days, and without complaint. The thing I love most about this recipe is how rich it is. And how crumbly the crust is. Here are some of my favorite things to buy when it comes to all things peanut-related:
Grilled Cheese Maker I Snoopy Shirt I Peanuts Waffle Maker I Peanut Butter Quest Bar I Cookies & Cream Quest Protein Powder I Better’n Peanut Butter (half the calories) I Peanut Butter Quest Protein Powder I Clif Bar, Crunchy Peanut Butter I Chocolate Chip Buff Bake I Pie Keeper I Joseph’s Maltitol Sweetener I Chocolate Milkshake Protein Powder
Favorites? Obviously, who doesn’t want a grilled cheese maker in the shape on Peanuts characters? Also, Quest’s protein powders are my favorites, so I’m all about that Quest Cookies & Cream Protein Powder. And finally, Joseph’s maltitol sweetener is my favorite sweetener out there!
- Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 8 oz fat-free cream cheese (210 calories)
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream (53 calories)
- 1/2 cup Better'n Peanut Butter (400 calories, or may replace with regular peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup vanilla, peanut butter or desired protein powder (about 220, depending)
- Chocolate Crust Ingredients:
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder (about 440 calories, depending)
- Optional: 1/4 cup unsweetened Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder (40 calories)
- 2 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, "Lite" (80 calories)
- 1/4 cup Joseph's Maltitol Sweetener (35 calories, may replace with additional butter)
- 2 tablespoons - 1/4 cup cold water
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, peanut butter, and protein powder in a large mixing bowl. Beat until well mixed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine protein powder, Hershey's Cocoa Powder (if using), I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, "Lite," Joseph's Maltitol Sweetener and two tablespoons of cold water. If crust remains dry, add additional water until the mixture is crumbly, slightly wet and soft to the touch.
- Lightly grease a pie dish.
- Press crust into pie dish until even and flat.
- Pour cheesecake over crust and spread so that it coats the entire crust.
- Cover and allow to chill in fridge for at least two hours.