I’ve been dying to make good Skinny Powdered Sugar Donuts for a long while now. Basically, any time I go to the grocery store, I have the desire. I pass those yummy Little Debbie minis, and I’m in. Committed. Have to have. So today was a fun morning in my kitchen to say the least. Lots and lots of baking, coating, and picture-taking. Hey, I’m not complaining. And no, I’m not trying to rhyme intentionally. Sometimes, you just can’t help but Dr. Suess. Can I use that as a verb? So here are my Skinny Powdered Sugar Donuts. They were messy. But in a great way. Sticky, napkin-required donuts that I was all about. Sometimes I bake something, and the smell is so overwhelming that I can’t eat whatever that something is until a couple hours (or sometimes days) later. But that wasn’t the case with my donuts. No overwhelming flavor. Just sweet, totally sweet, 100% sweet. They tasted like . . . powdered sugar donuts! 🙂 And I had a few . . . Yup, at one point there were nine. And now there are . . . anywhere from four to six? If you’re going to make my Skinny Powdered Sugar Donuts, or any donuts for that matter, here’s what you’ll need:
Favorites? I have to have that donut portrait somewhere in my home. It’s a must. Also, I am the biggest fan of mugs, and I Donut Care is no different. Additionally, I am obsessed, in love, crazy about donut holes.
Note: the following recipe requires Joseph’s Maltitol Sweetener. Buy here.
- Donut Ingredients:
- 1/8 cup + 2 tablespoons Truvia Baking Blend (60 calories)
- 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, "Lite" (80 calories)
- 2 tablespoons Joseph's maltitol sweetener, or additional butter (18 calories)
- 3 tablespoons liquid egg-whites (25 calories)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (12 calories)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk (15 calories)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (400 calories)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (2 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (1 calorie)
- Powdered Sugar:
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar, or may use Skinny Girl Standard's Skinny Powdered Sugar recipe (234 calories)
- 2 tablespoons melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, "Lite" (80 calories)
- (Made with donut maker, but can bake at 375F for about 10 minutes, or until baked through).
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine Truvia Baking Blend, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and Joseph's maltitol sweetener (or additional butter). Beat until combined.
- Add egg-whites, vanilla extract and coconut milk. Combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Little by little, add dry ingredients into liquid ingredients, beating with a hand-mixer on low speed until combined.
- Using a donut maker, pour batter evenly into each donut baker (most likely five at a time), and bake for about 2 - 4 minutes, depending on how quickly your donuts bake. To check, poke a fork through your donut to make sure batter is baked through.
- Allow to cool.
- While donuts are cooling, melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter for powdered sugar topping.
- Pour powdered sugar into a large ziplock.
- One by done, dip cooled donuts into butter and shake until no longer dripping. Afterward, put one donut into the ziplock at a time and shake until completely coated with powdered sugar. Repeat until all donuts are done.