What more is there to say than Skinny Vanilla Bean Cupcake? What more is there to say? Not rhetorical, people. If there’s actually something more to say, tell me, because I’m at a loss for words. Listen, if you’re like me, those four words stand alone. Those words are like music to my ears. No, not music. Cupcakes. Those words are like cupcakes to my ears. No, not my ears. My mouth. Those words are like cupcakes to my mouth. Yes, much better. I mean, a Skinny Vanilla Bean Cupcake for one. What more could a girl want? Maybe Ryan Gosling in The Notebook on a Saturday night. Maybe that. But honestly, I sort of hate that movie. And Ryan Gosling isn’t really my cup of tea, or my cupcake of choice, either. Wow, you’re questioning my femininity, or sanity, or both. But truth be told, I’m more of a The Drop, Tom Hardy kind of girl. Actually, I’m more of a Ryan Nettleship kind of girl. What can I say? I have a giant crush on my husband. Ugh, I’m so corny. Don’t care 😉So how about that Skinny Vanilla Bean Cupcake for One? This cupcake is so yummy and so filling, and it’s only 130 calories. Yup. And all of those black dots in the frosting? Tiny vanilla bean specks. Delicious. When making cupcakes and watching The Notebook, you should totally indulge in these stunning must-have necessities for your kitchen:
Side note: I love to sprinkle a little bit of Flavor God’s chocolate donut seasoning on all of my desserts. It gives them a little extra oomph.
- 3 tablespoons white whole wheat flour (75 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Truvia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (20 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon butter extract, optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce (10 calories)
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (2 calories)
- 1 tablespoon my homemade skinniest cream cheese frosting (15 - 25 calories, depending). Recipe on blog.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Mix in wet ingredients, excluding cream cheese frosting.
- Pour in a single-serve oven-safe tray, or make your own with non-stick foil - my preference! 🙂
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- While cupcake is baking, mix together the ingredients for SGS's cream cheese.
- Place in fridge to chill while waiting.
- When the center of the cake has cooked through (you can check by poking with a fork and making sure no uncooked batter sticks to the fork) remove it and immediately place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- After about 10 minutes, remove cupcake and coat with cream cheese frosting.