Want to know 15 secrets about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? Cool, because they’re about to blow your little muggle mind. Pardon me, what I meant to say was that your mind is rather large for a muggle 😉 Oh, you know what I mean. Anyway, upon visiting the Wizarding World, I found out some incredible facts about the theme park that truly amazed me. Now, I’m going to share them with you.
- There’s a red phone booth located outside of Diagon Alley. If you hop inside it and dial MAGIC, you’ll contact the Ministry of Magic.
- Props from the actual Harry Potter movies are littered around the wizarding world.
- Inside Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes, you’ll notice the same robotic Dolores Umbridge wheeling herself across a thin string over your head as made clear in the movies! Also note the music playing inside the shop (hint: it’s the same as in the films).
- Watch carefully: the man lifting his hat atop Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes sometimes allows his pet bunny to sneak a peek.
- Look into the window at 12 Grimmauld Place just outside of Diagon Alley. Do you notice someone spying? Perhaps a Creature?
- The sign that hangs outside of The Leaky Cauldron actually leaks water! Bonus: The luggage inside The Leaky Cauldron is the real luggage used in the films!
- The perfume ad inside of Kings Crossing was the same ad displayed in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince when Dumbledore met Harry at Kings Crossing.
- The dragon in Diagon Alley blows fire every fifteen minutes. Before it explodes, you’ll hear grunting and growling, so take out your cameras and stand firm.
- Purchase an interactive wand (with a map of 34 secret locations) in order to produce spells throughout the park. When you locate a magic medallion, say the spell you are instructed to (on the map), wave your wand, and wait for something magical to happen.
- If you walk up to the vanishing cabinet inside Borgin and Bourkes, you can hear a bird chirping.
- Inside the line at The Forbidden Journey, pay attention once inside Dumbledore’s study. You’ll notice a book that floats and shelves itself.
- While in line at King’s Crossing for the Magical Express, you can stand in front of an illusionary mirror – it appears you are walking straight through Platform 9 3/4.
- Go inside the Knights Bus outside of Diagon Alley. Snap a photo and chat with the shrunken head.
- Stop by Gringotts Money Exchange and trade your muggle money for Wizarding Bank Notes which you can spend like real money throughout the Wizarding World. Bonus: ask the goblin inside of Gringotts Money Exchange if he’s a house elf.
- Go inside of Madam Malkin’s Robes For All Occasions and have a conversation with a sometimes brutally honest mirror that will give you advice on what to buy and what to definitely not buy.
Check out my homemade and skinnified Butterbeer recipe & visit my blog posts regarding what to wear to both Disney World and Universal Studios and how to do Disney and Universal the right way.