I know that breakfast for dinner is a thing, but what about dessert for lunch? Okay, confession time. I was craving a giant chocolate chip cookie today, or a giant chocolate chip mug cake. Like, I’ve been married about 10 months now, we’re not having children just yet (though I’m so excited to be a mommy some day), but I imagine this kind of intense craving is how pregnant women sometimes feel. Though, I hesitate to say that because I’ve heard you just can’t possibly understand until you’ve been there. Regardless, this need for a chocolate chip cookie was overwhelming. So I made one. I put some stuff in a mug, stirred this stuff, microwaved this stuff, then ate this stuff and you know what? I regret nothing. NOTHING! This mug was relatively small. In a large mug, your mug cake will look something like this: If you’re admiring my mug by the way, my maid of honor got it for me for Christmas one year because she knows how I love my oversized mugs. Check it out! The thing about mug cake cookies is they usually have this weird texture, almost rubbery, and they’re usually lacking in flavor, but not this one. I attribute this to my favorite maltitol sweetener, which you don’t need to make this cookie, but I would totally suggest it!
As my friends at the Wizarding World would say, Mo Muggles, Mo Problems. But more mugs? No problems. Eat your chocolate chip mug cake in one of these . . .
- - 1/4 cup flour (100 calories)
- - 1 tablespoon Truvia Baking Blend, "Brown" (30 calories)
- - 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- - 2 tablespoons fat-free milk (12 calories)
- - 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (3 calories)
- - 1/2 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, "Lite" (20 calories)
- - 16 bittersweet chocolate chips (35 calories)
- - 1/2 tablespoon liquid maltitol sweetener, such as Joseph's (9 calories - may replace with exact amount of butter)
- Combine all dry ingredients in mug and mix until combined.
- Add milk, vanilla extract, butter, and maltitol sweetener (or additional butter), and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and fold with spoon until covered with batter.
- Microwave for 1 minute - 1 minute 15 seconds.
- Remove and enjoy