Oh beautiful Lemon Cream Pie Protein Cheesecake Bars! How I adore you! You know that cute, little food triangle that’s supposed to teach you a thing or two about balance. Like, when I was younger, I noticed chips fit somewhere toward the top and I was like, “Cool, chips are my favorite too. I guess I’ll be healthy forever,” and then I got older and learned that the higher up the section, the smaller the portion, and I thought, “Oh . . . I hate this triangle.” Anyway, I seemed to overlook the large area entitled “protein.” Back then, I suppose protein only meant one thing to me: chicken. I liked steak okay, but I was familiar with chicken. Chicken was my friend. At McDonald’s, I could count on that happy meal: so many chicken nuggets and a Sprite to wash them down. But in college, I started studying up (on nutrition I mean, not boring school 😉 . . . just kidding, Dad), and I realized protein was so much more than just chicken. And that with it, you could create something like . . . Lemon Cream Pie Protein Cheesecake BarsRecently, I’ve become capital-O obsessed with protein powder, especially when it comes to making something like Lemon Cream Pie Protein Cheesecake Bars. I’m not into the mainstream stuff. Chocolate, vanilla, the occasional strawberry. Give me something that tastes like a cinnamon roll. Or birthday cake. Or, I don’t know, lemon cream pie. This is why I love Get Ripped Nutrition. Their prices are fantastic, and they have everything. Everything. I repeat, everything. *Plus, if you use to coupon code skinnygirlstandard (all one word, no capitals), you get a discount.* Woohoo! And there you will find everything you need to get ripped and eat like tastebuds still matter, gosh darn it! Protein choice:You can use any flavor for your Lemon Cream Pie Protein Cheesecake Bars. Notice my ornaments? By the way, It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and I am madly in love with baking with the Christmas spirit. These are some of my must-haves this season. Particularly, this hand-mixer. It’s only $60 and so reliable. I use it for everything, from pancake batter to cookie dough. I’m also in love with all things marble, including the pastry board and rolling pin. A little marble makes any kitchen look super chic. Finally, I can’t get enough of Christmas Poinsettias!
- 6 sheets honey graham crackers (I used Trader Joe's - 390 calories)
- 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, "Lite," softened at room temperature (40 calories)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk, or more if needed (9 calories)
- 2 cups fat-free cream cheese, softened at room temperature (450 calories)
- 1/2 cup protein powder of choice, such as Ultra Peptide's Lemon Cream Pie (about 370 calories, depending)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, crush graham crackers.
- Add butter and coconut milk. Stir until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and protein powder. Mix with hand-mixer until combined.
- Line a square pan, 8 X 8, with crushed graham cracker crust. Press into pan until firmly packed.
- Top with cream cheese filling and spread until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for two hours before serving.