Many of you believe that Halloween is about kids in Batman and Cinderella costumes asking for candy, but some of you are like me and believe in things like Skinny Hogwarts Butterbeer. Some of you believe that Halloween is specifically about Harry Potter. Have you ever been to Universal Studios in Orlando? Have you ever been to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter? If you answered “yes,” you’ve probably tried the famous butterbeer. If you answered “no,” you should fly via broomstick there stat. It’s the most magical place in the world! 😉 Must try with Flavor God’s Chocolate Donut Seasoning with my Skinny Hogwarts Butterbeer:As you can see, I really, really wanted to make some awesome “skinny” butterbeer that was guilt-free, but didn’t sacrifice all of that awesome flavor. I must have had the powers of the Elder Wand, because was happened was truly magical. Zevia is a must. It’s the only soda I drink. Bye, bye aspartame! Buy these Harry Potter Must-Haves: (if you’re a fan, you need this stuff)
Check out my homemade and skinnified Butterbeer recipe & visit my blog posts regarding What to Wear to Disney World and Universal Studios, How to do Disney and Universal the Right Way, and 15 Secrets About the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- 2 tablespoons skim milk (10 calories)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half & half mixed with 1 tablespoon Truvia (20 calories)
- 3 tablespoons Cool Whip (38 calories)
- 1 tablespoon butterscotch topping (60 calories)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons butter extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Zevia 0-Calorie Cream Soda (This is the suggested brand because it contains NO aspartame or artificial sweeteners and it's just like the real stuff)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (3 calories)
- Optional: Ice blended, if you want an icy butterbeer
- Optional: Flavor God's Chocolate Glazed Donut seasoning for rim, cinnamon stick, whipped cream
- In a small blender, combine skim milk, Half & Half + Truvia (or sugar), butter extract, Zevia Cream Soda, and vanilla extract. Blend.
- If you are going to make your butterbeer frozen, combine desired number of ice cubes into blender.
- Once blending is complete, you'll notice that the drink is pretty light and frothy. Pour butterbeer into desired number of mugs (recipe makes two servings).
- Blend Cool Whip using a frother (or simply spoon in Cool Whip) and pour mix on top of butterbeers.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of butterscotch topping, such as Smucker's, which will eventually make it's way to the bottom of the glass, as seen in pictures. For this reason, you could add tablespoon of butterscotch to your mug before butterbeer.
- For best results, mix together butterscotch and butterbeer before drinking.
- Channel your inner witch or wizard, and enjoy!
- PS for an adult beverage, consider adding a touch of rum.