Do you love Skinny Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cupcakes like I do? Well, are you obsessed with peanut butter cups? The funny thing is, I don’t love peanut butter. Don’t start throwing the knives yet – let me explain. When it comes to the butters, I’m a traditionalist. I like butter, the original, the kind at fancy steak houses and iHops alike. The kind you spread on both muffins and beer bread. The non-judmental, friends with everybody stuff. Then I like my 21st century butters: cookie butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter, coconut butter, hazelnut butter, pecan, pistachio pumpkin, you name it. After all is said and done, after all the jars have been licked clean, then fine, bring on the peanut butter (and put it in a cupcake). These Skinny Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cupcakes are so good, it’s dangerous. Make sure you put them far, far away so you don’t keep coming back for more and more and more. Peanut Butter Cups, however, are a different story. Halloween is right around the corner, and I will be on the hunt for Peanut Butter Cups and Snickers (the bite-sized Snickers are always the best). Can I rent someone’s kids for the night? It will only cost you a bag of candy and half a pillowcase worth. And then some. Anyway, I like cupcakes that are only 200 calories. Don’t you? Especially when they have Peanut Butter Cups inside. Like these. Very peanut buttery, but even I’m addicted. Check out some of these amazing kitchen goodies that will go perfectly with your cupcakes:
White Mixing Bowls I Cuisinart Hand-Mixer I Cookbook Holder I Cookie Cook Book I Marble Rolling Pin I Milkshake Maker I Nonstick Cooking Pans I “Antique” Mixing Bowls I Pink Mixing Bowls I Cat Cookie Jar
Skinny Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cupcakes
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend (100 calories)
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (175 calories)
- 3 tablespoons Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder (30 calories)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (1 calorie)
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (1 calorie)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons liquid egg-whites/eggbeaters (17 calories)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (7.5 calories)
- 2 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It's Not Butter, “Lite” (80 calories)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (6 calories)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 6 mini peanut-butter cups or cookie-butter cups (264 - 360, depending)
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon chocolate protein powder of choice (248 calories, depending)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cup marshmallow fluff (120 calories)
- 2 tablespoons Joseph’s Maltitol Sweetener (17.5 calories)
- 1/8 cups I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, “Lite” (80 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (3 calories, optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line 6 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Combine Truvia, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl using a hand-mixer. Add egg-whites/eggbeaters, almond milk, butter and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until completely combined.
- Place peanut-butter or cookie-butter cups in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Add boiling water to mix and stir until combined.
- Pour batter over chocolate cups.
- Bake at 400F for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350F and bake for an addition 25 - 30 minutes, or until baked through.
- Combine all ingredients and mix using a hand-mixer until combined, light and fluffy.
- Spoon or pipe icing on top of cupcakes (only one cooled).