Perhaps I should have made my skinny pumpkin dip while leaves were still falling, the air was crisp, beanies and tights were acceptable (let’s be honest, when are tights not acceptable?), but as a Dallas native, the Texas weather hasn’t yet dropped below 50 . . . So here we are, a few days before Christmas, and I’m enjoying some skinny pumpkin Dip in a tank and lazy Forever 21 pajama shorts!Doesn’t this dip look yummy? And it so is, y’all. So. Oh. Yummy. What I love about it is how creamy it is, and it doesn’t have that faux pumpkin taste that so many dips struggle with. Plus, it’s pumpkin-to-yogurt ratio is pretty flawless. It’s not overwhelming, do ya feel me? It’s like, very simple, very unobviously loaded with pumpkin puree, yet very obviously pumpkin flavored. Nope, I’m not making sense. I’m just trying to say, you won’t think, “Ew . . . too much pumpkin,” (in my opinion). Because while you can tell there’s real pumpkin in every bite, you taste the entire dip, not just one key ingredient.Here are some amazing instruments and tools you need for your kitchen, especially if you’re a frosting/icing queen:
In my pictures, you’ll notice my Yellow Rose Bouquet and Marble Tray, both of which I am madly in love with. I keep them in my bedroom / office and they make the room look so classic and beautiful. Also, that Spiral Whisk is the best out there.
- 1/2 brick (or 4 tablespoons) 1/3 less fat cream cheese (280 calories)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt (65 calories)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin spice coffee creamer (70 calories - optional, but suggested)
- 1/3 cup Truvia Baking Blend (127 calories - May substitute with another stevia/sugar baking blend that converts to 2/3 sugar)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (80 calories)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 tsp. vanilla extract (12 calories)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (12 calories)
- Optional: pecans and brown sugar
- Beat cream cheese on medium-speed until it is light and fluffy.
- Mix in Greek yogurt, pumpkin spice coffee creamer (if using), sugar/stevia baking blend, and pumpkin puree and beat for about 45 seconds or until combined. Be sure not to over-beat.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice and mix only until combined.
- Top with pecans and brown sugar if desired.