It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and I am madly in love with baking with the Christmas spirit, such as my Skinny White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies. Oh, how I love these cookies. Crisp, gingerbread-y, taste like Christmas. You have to make these cookies. And you need to share them with every Grinch you come across so their hearts may grow two times in size.
The thing that I love most about my Skinny White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies is that they’re loaded with flavor. You almost forget that they are in fact much lower in fat and caloric count than a majority of other cookies. These are some of my must-haves this season. Particularly, this hand-mixer. It’s only $60 and so reliable. I use it for everything, from pancake batter to cookie dough. I’m also in love with all things marble, including the pastry board and rolling pin. A little marble makes any kitchen look super chic. Finally, I can’t get enough of Christmas Poinsettias!
I love using adorable cookie cutters. If they’re cuter, I swear, the cookie just tastes better. I also love drawing ribbons and Christmas trees with additional melted white chocolate. And a drop or too of natural food dye.
- Cookie Ingredients:
- - 1 1/8 cups all purpose flour (450 calories)
- - 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- - 1/4 teaspoon salt
- - 1 teaspoon ground ginger (6 calories)
- - 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (3 calories)
- - 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- - 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Truvia Baking Blend (125 calories)
- - 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- - 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, "Lite" (160 calories)
- - 1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce (12.5 calories)
- - 1 1/2 tablespoons liquid egg-whites (12.5 calories)
- - 1/8 cup molasses, not blackstrap (120 calories)
- - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (12 calories)
- White Chocolate Dip Ingredients:
- - 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (687 calories)
- - 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, "Lite" (40 calories)
- - Preheat oven to 350F.
- - Mix together all dry ingredients using a hand-held mixer. Exclude white chocolate dip ingredients.
- - Once dry ingredients have been sifted, add melted butter, applesauce, liquid egg-whites, molasses and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined.
- - Roll dough out and, using cookie cutter, divide into 15 pieces.
- - Bake on lined parchment paper tray for 8 - 10 minutes, or until soft but baked through. I did 8 minutes.
- - Heat white chocolate and butter in microwavable safe bowl for about 2:00 minutes on 50% power. Remove every thirty minutes to stir. Continue heating if necessary to melt.
- - Once melted, mix using hand-mixer. If needed, thin with skim milk.
- - Once cookies have cooled, dip in white chocolate sauce, and allow to cool before serving.