Skinny Double Fudge Oatmeal sounds like a breakfast that I can get behind. Let me tell you about Skinny Double Fudge Oatmeal. Let me tell you why you’ll like it. You’ll like it because this entire batch is less than 300 calories. You’ll like it because it’s super fudge-y, super chocolate-y, and super filling. You may not even finish it. You may have some left over to share (though I’m sure you’ll want to save that for later, because it is difficult to give up). This is why I love my skinny double fudge oatmeal. And another reason? Its secret ingredient… You can make this oatmeal using banana or pumpkin. Isn’t that creative? I prefer it with pumpkin. You can’t taste it – the fudge takes over – but it is a kick-butt way to start your day. Plus, who doesn’t love pumpkin? (If you’re one of the few, opt for banana!)Time for an oatmeal party:
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats (100 calories)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (20 calories)
- 2 tablespoons Truvia (or double with sugar)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut or almond milk (10 - 15 calories)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (100 calories - you can substitute with pumpkin puree if you want for only 50 calories)
- 2 tablespoons egg white (17 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or butter extract (3 calories)
- About 20 large bittersweet chocolate chips or 60 mini bittersweet chocolate chips (about 40 calories)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix together all wet ingredients (including banana or pumpkin) in a separate bowl.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if not yet done.
- Pour mixture into an oven-safe bowl and bake for about 20 minutes.