I got my sweats on, my hair in a high-bun, and yesterday’s mascara clumped under my eyes, but the goal is to make myself a Skinny “Chipotle” Bowl. Yup, the picture ain’t so pretty here, folks! And of course, just like a bad (but so good) Lifetime movie, I always run into someone from high school when I look like dirt. And Chipotle don’t deliver either.
Why Chipotle? Why? Take that, Chipotle! I made my own “bowl” . . . or rather my own “blob” on parchment paper . . . and I know exactly how many calories are in my Skinny “Chipotle” Bowl.By the way, it’s time we “Tex Mex” the right way
Favorites? First things first, while this blog post is not about tacos, you could totally make these enchiladas into tacos which is why I would suggest you check out that amazing taco holder. How convenient? Also, I adore that quesadilla grilling basket. Makes everything easier, like the daunting task of flipping quesadillas until all the cheese has melted (without burning). And finally, how cute are those wood serving planks?
- 1 cup cooked farro (200 calories)
- 1/4 cup cooked yellow corn (32 calories)
- 1 tablespoon cooked black beans (14 calories)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream (20 calories)
- 2 tablespoons salsa of choice (About 10 calories - I used pineapple salsa!)
- 1/4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese (45 calories)
- Sprinkle of salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cilantro
- This recipe is pretty self-explainatory. I hope y'all don't mind, but I am going to assume your farro, corn, and black beans have all been cooked, simply because I am not sure in what form you are buying them (fresh, pre-cooked, dry, packaged/canned).
- Need to know how to cook Farro? Check it out here.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all of your ingredients just as those cool cats do at Chipotle 😉
- Now eat your "bowl" and tweet about how lazy and comfortable and healthy you are 😉 Fine, maybe I'm the only lazy one.