Oh, the wonderful things one may stumble upon while journeying through TJ’s, like a desire to suddenly whip up some Skinny Cookie Butter. Roaming down the aisles, expect organic fruits, exotic frozen meals and $2 wine. Also expect butter made out of . . . cookies.Believe it or not, there are multiple ways one can whip up a much healthier cookie butter – a cookie butter that tastes just like Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter and Biscoff Spread. This was difficult to do, because cookie butter is so close to my heart, but I think I’ve mastered it thanks to an inspiring post by Foodie Fiasco, “So Take That!: Homemade Cookie Butter.” In this post, I’ve actually offered two ways to make cookie butter – an “easy” option and an “also easy” option.Here are a few things you should buy if you love cookies, and especially if you love Skinny Cookie Butter:
Cookie Monster Clutch I Cookie Phone Case I Cookie Sheets and Cooling Tray I Copper Mixing Bowls I Macaroons I Copper Cookie Jar I Cookie Spatula I Pink Florals I Nature Marble Tray I Gray and Gold-Handled Tray
Favorites? Hello . . . there is an actual cookie monster clutch, so . . . Also, I love florals and that pink arrangement is my new favorite thing that I must have. And finally, my middle name should probably be marble because it’s my favorite thing in the world right now and that marble tray with the gold handles is to die for!
- Option One Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup marshmallow fluff (80 calories)
- 2 Biscoff cookies or Speculoos cookies (75 calories)
- Calories Per Tablespoon: About 30.
- Option Two Ingredients:
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff (320 calories)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (1 calorie)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (1.5 calories)
- 2 teaspoons Truvia Baking Blend, Brown Sugar (17 calories)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon butter extract
- Option One Directions:
- In a bullet or small blender, blend Biscoff or Speculoos cookies into crumbs. You can also crush the cookies if this is your preference.
- Blend (or stir) crumbs into marshmallow fluff.
- Option Two Directions:
- In a bullet or small blender, mix all ingredients together.
- While the texture of the cookie butter will be different, the taste is so similar and absolutely delicious! Use this butter in your s'mores, smoothies, ice cream and pancake recipes!