285-Calorie Giant Blueberry Streusel Muffin Individual Serving 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries 1 teaspoon brown sugar 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt 1.5 tablespoon eggbeaters 1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 1 tablespoon Truvia 1/8 teaspoon salt

Skinny Blueberry Streusel Muffin

If Starbucks can do their variation of a Skinny Blueberry Streusel Muffin (or is it coffee cake?), I can do it. That’s my new motto – do you like it? Starbucks makes a “Very Berry Coffee Cake” that is only 350 calories, which is extremely impressive for how giant the portion is. Now I’m not one to usually trust the caloric count on a fast-food/coffee chain menu, but what we do know is that this coffee cake is “around” 350 calories. Starbucks is probably a bit more trustworthy than other fast food restaurants when it comes to nutritional information. Heck, for all I know ALL Very Berry Coffee Cakes could be exactly 350 calories! Let’s hope so.Skinny Blueberry Streusel Muffin by Skinny Girl Standard, a low calorie food blogHere are some awesome kitchen tools to use when making your Skinny Blueberry Streusel Muffin:

1 l 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 l 9 l 10 l 11

I love a hint of blue in every room. It’s secretly soothing, which only adds to my very yoga-esque attitude when baking. I am seriously addicted to this stunning flatware set. I wish I had a beach house to put it in. Also, can’t get enough of those serving trays! Absolutely perfect for the rustic, industrial flat. And have you seen that mug?

Skinny Blueberry Streusel Muffin by Skinny Girl Standard, a low calorie food blogSkinny Blueberry Streusel Muffin by Skinny Girl Standard, a low calorie food blogWondering why I made a Skinny Blueberry Streusel Muffin instead of coffee cake? It’s berry simple. Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I just happen to like muffins more. That’s all. There’s no calculated secret. I didn’t make the switch to save fat, use less blueberries, or avoid cream, sugar and butter. In fact, the recipe is extremely similar to that of a coffee cake with the exception of Greek Yogurt. Greek yogurt makes this muffin super fluffy and moist, while sour cream makes a coffee cake more dense. It’s your preference, but today I made a blueberry streusel muffin for my own personal enjoyment!Skinny Blueberry Streusel Muffin by Skinny Girl Standard, a low calorie food blogSkinny Blueberry Streusel Muffin by Skinny Girl Standard, a low calorie food blogSkinny Blueberry Streusel Muffin by Skinny Girl Standard, a low calorie food blogSkinny Blueberry Streusel Muffin by Skinny Girl Standard, a low calorie food blog

GIANT 300-Calorie Blueberry Streusel Muffin

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 27 minutes

Yield: One Muffin

Serving Size: One Muffin

Calories per serving: 230 - 345

Ingredients

• 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (134 calories)
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/16 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/16 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Truvia
  • 1/2 tablespoon - 1 tablespoon unsweetened apple sauce (6 - 12 calories - or substitute with coconut oil)
  • 1 tablespoon I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, “Lite” (40 calories)
  • 1 tablespoon liquid egg-whites (8 calories)
  • 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (15 calories, depending)
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 - 2 tablespoons coconut milk or almond milk (2 - 6 calories)
  • 1/4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen + 1 teaspoon flour (20 calories + 8 calories)
  • Optional Streusel Topping:
  • 1.5 tablespoons all-purpose flour (37.5 calories - or more if needed)
  • 1 tablespoon Truvia Baking Blend (25 calories)
  • 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe, "Lite" (40 calories)
  • Optional: 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 425F.
  2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and Truvia/sugar.
  3. Once ingredients have been mixed, stir in coconut oil, butter (melted and cooled to room temperature), eggwhites, Greek yogurt and lemon juice.
  4. In a separate bowl, toss blueberries in 1 teaspoon of flour.
  5. Gently add blueberries into mixture, careful not to break open.
  6. Spoon batter into a large non-stick muffin tin. Batter will be fairly thick, but moist.
  7. Bake for about 7 minutes, and then lower heat to 350F. Continue to bake for about 20 - 27 minutes, or until the inside batter has cooked all the way through.
  8. While dough is baking, mix together streusel topping and add to muffin in crumbles after initial seven minutes of baking.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes

14 Comments on Skinny Blueberry Streusel Muffin

1. Dawn macke
    February 9, 2015 at 6:23 pm (5 years ago)

I followed the instructions implicitly. The dough was too thick to pour into muffin tins a and it only made four small muffins. I took them out of the oven at 20 mins. To find them almost burnt;definitely not fluffy or light.

• jordan urtso
      February 9, 2015 at 8:47 pm (5 years ago)

Dawn,

I’m so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with this recipe. It is my goal to make sure that my instructions are clear and to-the-point so that everyone can enjoy healthy, low-cal options. I’m going to recreate this recipe for you step-by-step to see where the underlying issue is.

That being said, I would like to point out that because this recipe makes only one blueberry muffin, it is not intended for individual muffins. That is likely why your muffins were burnt. By separating the dough into individual muffin tins, the cook time is almost cut in half. Also, it loses a lot of its moisture this way. If you doubled the recipe and then separated the dough, please ignore this comment.

If you recreate this recipe before I get back to you and would like a thinner, creamier dough, I would add one tablespoon of coconut oil or butter into the batter or several additional tablespoons of milk.

Hope this helps! Will get back to you soon.

• jordan urtso
      February 15, 2015 at 11:06 pm (5 years ago)

Hey Dawn, just wanted to let you know that I have revised the recipe for you. Hope you enjoy this one!

2. Katie
    February 14, 2015 at 12:59 am (5 years ago)

I also followed the recipe and thought their was no way I did it right..then I saw the comments and realized this is just for 1 muffin. Ok..so then I doubled the recipe and added coco oil and more milk..it still didn’t turn out right. Thanks for posting this, however it might be helpful to post a version that makes more than 1.

• jordan urtso
      February 15, 2015 at 11:07 pm (5 years ago)

Hey Katie, thanks for the feedback. I have edited the recipe for you. Hope this solves the problem. 🙂
      Xox

3. Jolene
    March 31, 2015 at 1:11 am (5 years ago)

Hi Jordan, I love this recipe but I would like to make more than one muffin at a time. I would like to make 6 giant muffins. Could you give me this recipe for 6 muffins please.

• jordan urtso
      May 2, 2015 at 5:05 pm (5 years ago)

Here is the recipe for 6 muffins:

2 cups all-purpose flour
      1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
      1/2 teaspoon baking soda
      1/4 teaspoon salt
      1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend
      3 tablespoons coconut oil
      1/3 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, “Lite,” or butter of choice
      6 tablespoons liquid Egg-whites
      3/4 cup Greek Yogurt, plain
      1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
      1 1/2 cups blueberries + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Enjoy!!!

4. Danielle
    April 15, 2015 at 2:41 am (5 years ago)

could you post the revised recipe for 6 or 8 muffins please? I’m excited to try it!

• jordan urtso
      May 2, 2015 at 5:06 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Danielle, I posted the 6-muffin recipe above. Enjoy!

Xoxx

5. kaitlin
    May 16, 2015 at 5:37 pm (5 years ago)

Ok….I see two different recipes a skinny version and regular version, there arent directions for the the regular recipes. The I’ve that has almond milk
    HELP

• jordan urtso
      June 11, 2015 at 8:34 pm (5 years ago)

Hey Kaitlin – the difference in the caloric count simply depends on how much coconut oil you are using. I recently posted a recipe for 6 blueberry muffins (in the comments), in which case you would refer to the same directions as listed above but simply add 5 – 10 minutes to your bake time.

Does this help?

6. Best Cellulite exercises
    November 9, 2015 at 4:26 am (4 years ago)

I know this web page offers quality dependent content and additional data, is
    there any other web page which offers these kinds of things in quality?

7. Kate O.
    December 9, 2015 at 10:44 am (4 years ago)

What about the streusel part? Did I somehow miss those directions?

• jordan urtso
      December 9, 2015 at 6:07 pm (4 years ago)

Hey Kate,

Thanks for asking! When I converted the recipe to Yummly, I somehow left that portion out. I’ve updated the recipe for you.

Xox,