Everyone’s talking about quinoa, and I’m joining in on the fun, because my new Skinny Raspberry Pineapple Quinoa is the real thang. Let’s cut the healthy mumbo jumbo though and simply land on “it’s good for your body, so eat it.” If you want the legitimate benefits, type “Quinoa” into Google and browse the long list. Basically, though, it’s a carb that is easy to digest and is jam-packed with good-for-you calories and nutrition! Up until last week, I continued to pronounce quinoa, cue-no-ah. No joke. I’ve decided that it’s much more fun to pronounce things incorrectly, because I’m often tongue-tied and my words never match my thoughts. Very true and unfortunate story, but I’m trying to stay positive. Anyways, check out my raspberry & pineapple salsa quinoa, which is a kick-butt side dish and awesome in fish tacos!If you’re making quinoa, especially my Skinny Raspberry Pineapple Quinoa, you so need the following (because beautiful quinoa goes best with a beautiful kitchen, yeah? That’s what I tell my husband anyway):
Favorites? I love this cooking set from Anthropologie. Not only is it beautiful, but every pot and pan is the perfect size. I also love that ravioli cutter. There’s nothing like homemade pasta. And finally, please, someone, buy me that gray dining set. My birthday’s in June 😉
- How to cook quinoa:
- Measure 1.5 cups of water and pour into a non-stick pot.
- Add 1 cup of quinoa and heat water on high until brought to a boil.
- Cover quinoa and reduce heat to simmer.
- Allow to cook for 10 - 15 minutes, or until quinoa is soft and pillowy, but not over-cooked and mushy.
- Creamy Raspberry and Pineapple Quinoa Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup organic quinoa, uncooked (330 calories)
- 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves (60 calories, depending)
- 4 tablespoons pineapple salsa (about 30 calories, depending on brand)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese (30 calories)
- Once quinoa has cooked (according to instructions), heat quinoa in a pot and add in raspberry preserves, salsa and cream cheese. Stir well and often until cheese has melted and sauce is warm and ready for serving.