I sit here in my bed, watching a perfectly decent episode of Game of Thrones with my Skinny Sour Cream Blueberry Pancake – an episode I realize I should be paying very close attention to, but I just can’t. Yup, that’s because my Skinny Sour Cream Blueberry Pancake has all of my attention. Sorry, Khaleesi. Still love ya, girl. Love Tyrion a little more though.
Have you ever tried sour cream pancakes? Sour cream cake? Sour cream anything sweet? Before you run off, let me just say this: sour cream has a fantastic way of making things moist, creamy and delicious! I’m not sure I’ll ever make pancakes without sour cream, cottage cheese or cream cheese again. I might as well call my blog, Skinny Cheese Standard.Make your pancakes the Skinny Girl Standard way:
Pancake Batter Dispenser I Blue and Gold Apron I Polka Dot Flatware I Copper Mixing Bowl I Cupcake Measuring Cups I Measuring Spoons I Flat Spatula I Vintage Whisk I Crepe Maker I Mini Pancake Pan I Oven Mitts I Nonstick Griddle I Waffle Stick Pan
Favorites? Who doesn’t want a pancake batter dispenser to make amazing designs with? Also, if I can’t have those copper mixing bowls, I don’t even want pancakes. Psych! But seriously, I love them. And lastly, count me in for that nonstick griddle. It. IS. Awesome.
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake Ingredients:
- 1/3 pastry flour (110 calories - if using whole wheat pastry flour, you may want to double the amount of sour cream used)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (2 calories)
- 1 sprinkling of salt
- 2 tablespoons Truvia
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce (12.5 calories)
- 1 tablespoon liquid egg-whites (8 calories)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream (20 calories)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (2 calories)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (12 calories)
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (20 calories)
- Sweet Vanilla Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons powdered Swerve or organic powdered sugar (12 - 60 calories)
- Splash of unsweetened almond milk (1 calorie)
- Splash of pure vanilla extract (3 calories)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon (1 calories)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all dry cake ingredients: pastry flour, baking powder, Truvia, and salt.
- Pour in wet ingredients, stirring well after each addition: applesauce, sour cream, almond milk, egg-whites, and vanilla extract.
- Fold blueberries into wet batter, mixing only until covered.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until the top layer of your cake is firm and a nice golden brown.
- While cake is baking, stir together all ingredients for "Sweet Vanilla Glaze."
- Take out cake and lather with glaze.
I don’t know why, but the fact that you can hold this pancake like a pizza makes me love it even more.