Today, I was inspired by Sweet Treats and More and her awesome invention, the beautiful “Lucky Charms” Blizzard. Wowzers. When I first saw this baby, I could’ve cried, it was so beautiful. As a little girl, I went to Dairy Queen often. We were about 20 miles, 35 minutes or so, from the nearest DQ, but we made that trip often with little hesitation. It was my dad’s favorite. He always opted for the turtle blizzard. I went straight for the cookie dough. Anyway, I imagine we would’ve been held personally responsible by all environmentalists had DQ made their own Lucky Charms Blizzard back in the day.My house now is only five minutes from the nearest Dairy Queen, so I have to work exceptionally hard to resist. Sometimes Ryan and I will drive by, and I’ll start to salivate. Not kidding. And when Jurassic Park came out, and they teamed up with Dairy Queen to promote their Jurassic Park Blizzard, I couldn’t even turn on the TV without drooling like, systematically. That commercial was everywhere. And then, when Ryan and I saw Jurassic Park in theaters – we went to one of those “dinner and a movie” places for my birthday – all I wanted was a Dairy Queen Blizzard. They didn’t have one. Anyway, I adjusted this “Lucky Charms” Blizzard recipe to make it a bit more low-cal and low-fat. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (30 calories)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half & half (20 calories)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (12 calories)
- 2 tablespoons organic vanilla pudding mix (100 calories)
- 1/2 cup Mom's Best Cereal Mallow Oats or Lucky Charms (60 - 73 calories)
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles (60 calories)
- 2 tablespoons Truvia
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 1 teaspoon butter extract
- Optional: SGS's Super Slim Whipped Cream
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender, salvaging as much or as little Mallow Oats (or Lucky Charms) and sprinkles for topping as desired. Blend until all ingredients have been mixed well, but don't over-blend so much that all Mallow Oats/Lucky Charms disappear.
- Pour whipped cream (if using) on top of blizzard and top with remaining Mallow Oats (or Lucky Charms) and sprinkles.
And when you make this “Lucky Charms” Blizzard, you should totally have an . . .
Zoku Ice Cream Maker I Tilt Up Ice Cream Scoop I Minimalist Flatware I Ice Cream Storage Tub I Ice Cream Scoop I Blue Pedestal Bowls I Waffle Cone Maker I Ice Cream Maker I Frozen Desserts Cookbook I Ice Cream KitchenAid Attachment I Crate and Barrel Ice Cream Bowls