Y’all know I love my pancakes, and today was no exception with my Skinny Strawberry Glazed Pancakes. As I brainstormed what I wanted to make for breakfast, a nice idea melted over me like warm strawberry butter. Actually, my idea was strawberry butter. Chocolate chips and strawberry butter. Is your mouth watering? Mine is just remembering.They are so moist and fluffy!!! They taste like chocolate-covered-strawberry clouds! Ha. But really, there’s a reason why chocolate covered strawberries are a thing. Because strawberry and chocolate are the new peanut butter and jelly. The new mustard and ketchup. The new Kenan and Kel. Shout out 90s babies! Should I keep going? Shout out Corey and Tapanga. Or should I say Corey and Sean? Sean and Corey, because let’s be honest, Sean totally comes first. Yup, had a huge crush on him, and Matthew Lawrence, and pretty much every other Disney and Nickelodeon star who looked like an N’SYNC band member. Okay, enough pictures? Ready to get to it? Because these Skinny Strawberry Glazed Pancakes are heaven. Here’s what you’ll need:
Pancake Batter Dispenser I Blue and Gold Apron I Polka Dot Flatware I Copper Mixing Bowl I Cupcake Measuring Cups I Measuring Spoons I Flat Spatula I Vintage Whisk I Crepe Maker I Mini Pancake Pan I Oven Mitts I Nonstick Griddle I Waffle Stick Pan
Favorites? Who doesn’t want a pancake batter dispenser to make amazing designs with? Also, if I can’t have those copper mixing bowls, I don’t even want pancakes. Psych! But seriously, I love them. And lastly, count me in for that nonstick griddle. It. IS. Awesome.
- 1/3 cup pastry flour (110 calories - if using whole wheat pastry flour, you may want to increase cottage cheese by two tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese (45 calories)
- 2 tablespoon eggbeaters or liquid egg-whites (18 calories)
- 1 tablespoon Truvia
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (2 calories)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (12 calories)
- Pinch of salt
- 15 semisweet chocolate chips (30 calories)
- 1 tablespoon SGS's strawberry butter (22 calories)
- 1 teaspoon powdered Swerve or organic powdered sugar (10 calories)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together all ingredients, excluding chocolate chips, strawberry butter and powdered sugar, stirring well.
- Rip out a sheet of parchment paper and place on an oven-safe tray.
- Spoon 1/3 of batter onto parchment paper, flattening into the shape of a pancake. Repeat twice.
- Scatter 15 chocolate chips amongst the pancakes.
- Stick in oven and bake for about 8 minutes, or until batter is slightly browned and crisp on edges.
- Take out and spread with strawberry butter; you can use Skinny Girl Standard's own recipe.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately