Ry and I ran to Whole Foods late night on Friday, hoping to find some treats, and I stumbled upon Ben & Jerry’s Strawberry Shortcake Frozen Yogurt. Yup, Ryan snuck around the fresh food section while I sprinted for the ice cream. I don’t know when it happened, but I tend to choose sweets over salts these days (weird, since I didn’t like sweets until after graduating college).
Anyway, like I was saying, Ben & Jerry’s stacked the freezer shelves. Every flavor was presented so beautifully, I started to drool. Then, I noticed one flavor in particular, and . . . . Oh, goodness gracious sakes alive! Strawberry shortcake must be my new favorite thing in the world!Here’s what you’ll need to make an even healthier version of Ben & Jerry’s Strawberry Shortcake Greek Frozen Yogurt!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (34 calories)
- 1/4 plain Greek yogurt (30 calories, depending)
- 2 tablespoons Truvia
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder (25 calories, depending)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup smashed strawberries (20 calories)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (12 calories)
- 1 crushed shortbread cookie (75 calories, depending)
- Must use an ice cream maker. This is my favorite one.
- Freeze bucket according to directions, around 8 hours.
- Combine coconut milk, Greek yogurt, Truvia, salt and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl.
- Once ice cream maker begins to churn, add mixture to ice cream maker and allow to churn, untouched, for three minutes.
- Add crushed strawberries and protein powder. Allow to churn for an additional three - five minutes, or until ice cream is beginning to thicken.
- Crush shortbread and add to ice cream, allowing to churn and mix well on its own.
- Transfer to an ice cream container and allow to freeze for 30 minutes prior to enjoying.
Zoku Ice Cream Maker I Tilt Up Ice Cream Scoop I Minimalist Flatware I Ice Cream Storage Tub I Ice Cream Scoop I Blue Pedestal Bowls I Waffle Cone Maker I Ice Cream Maker I Frozen Desserts Cookbook I Ice Cream KitchenAid Attachment I Crate and Barrel Ice Cream Bowls