When it comes to my Skinny Vanilla Cookie Pancakes, all I want to do is quote really corny movies, playwrights and classic novels. I’ll skip Gatsby and save him for another post because I’m always using Gatsby, and sometimes you got to shake things up. So speaking of “shake,” let’s bring forth the hopeless romantic we all know and love, Mr. William Shakespeare himself. “Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight! For I ne’er saw true beauty till this [morning].”If Shakespeare were alive to try these pancakes, I believe he would have said something like that after his first bite. Trader Joe’s makes the world’s most awesomest cookie butter spread in the whole, wide world. On my cheat days, I eat this by the spoon. It’s so gross. Except it’s not gross. It’s actually quite delicious. So make my Skinny Vanilla Cookie Pancakes right now using the world’s greatest pancake equipment:
Pancake Batter Dispenser I Blue and Gold Apron I Polka Dot Flatware I Copper Mixing Bowl I Cupcake Measuring Cups I Measuring Spoons I Flat Spatula I Vintage Whisk I Crepe Maker I Mini Pancake Pan I Oven Mitts I Nonstick Griddle I Waffle Stick Pan
Favorites? Who doesn’t want a pancake batter dispenser to make amazing designs with? Also, if I can’t have those copper mixing bowls, I don’t even want pancakes. Psych! But seriously, I love them. And lastly, count me in for that nonstick griddle. It. IS. Awesome.
So today I made vanilla bean cupcake pancakes – should we just call them Cup-Pancakes?- with a cookie butter glaze. You must try this recipe. Even if you have to buy Speculoos Cookie Butter off Amazon (totally done this before).
- Pancake Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup pastry flour (110 calories - if using whole wheat pastry flour, you may want to increase milk by 1 - 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon old-fashioned rolled oats (19 calories)
- 2/3 teaspoon baking powder (1.5 calories)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Truvia (depending on how sweet you like your pancakes)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon melted Speculoos Cookie Butter, or check out my Skinny Cookie Butter recipe (30 calories)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste (20 calories)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce (7 calories)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (10 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon butter extract (optional)
- Drizzle Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon Speculoos Cookie Butter (30 calories)
- 1 tablespoon powdered Swerve or homemade powdered sugar (0 - 14 calories)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened almond milk, more if you'd like your glaze a little smoother (1 - 2 calories)
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl (excluding ingredients for the glaze) and add in wet ingredients afterward, stirring well. Make sure your cookie butter has been melted before mixing.
- Pour 1/3 (or your preference) of batter in heated, non-stick pan on stovetop over medium heat and cook for about 1 minute - 1 minute, 30 seconds on the first side and 45 seconds - 1 minute on the reverse. Repeat twice.
- Melt cookie butter for glaze in microwave.
- Mix glaze ingredients together in a bowl.
- Drizzle over pancakes.