Skinny Spaghetti Squash Crust Pizza Single Serving coconut oil for brushing 1/4 cup fat-free Mozzarella cheese 1 cup cooked spaghetti squash 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese 2 tablespoons liquid egg-whites Pinch of garlic salt

Spaghetti Squash Pizza

This is not your average pizza. There’s something different about it. Suspicious. Cauliflower? Been there, done that. Egg whites? Puhhhlease! Too easy. Zucchini? Nope. Spinach? Thanks for the idea, I’ll have to write that down. What about cake? Keep dreamin’, sista! Nope, this pizza is different. It’s probably been done before, but I whipped this one up myself on a bored day craving pizza. And oh the wonderful things that can come of a boring day. Alright, wanna know?? Introducing . . . (drum roll please) . . . Skinny Spaghetti Squash Pizza.Skinny Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust by Skinny Girl StandardSkinny Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust by Skinny Girl StandardThe reason why I love spaghetti squash pizza so much is because it’s crispy and doesn’t have that same bitter aftertaste cauliflower-crust pizza does. It seems authentic, like the Italians invented it hundreds of years ago. Not to mention, I love spaghetti squash. One of my favorite recipes to make is an easy baked spaghetti squash with bolognese sauce. Spaghetti squash is like a sponge – takes on the flavor of what you cook it with.

Skinny Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 Pizza Crust

Calories per serving: 305 - 345

Ingredients

• 1 cup cooked spaghetti squash, strands (42 calories)
  • 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour (100 calories)
  • 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese (45 calories)
  • 2 tablespoons liquid egg-whites (17 calories)
  • Pinch of garlic salt (I used quite a bit, 'cause y'all know I like my garlic)
  • Optional: coconut oil for brushing parchment paper or non-stick foil.
  • Optional: for a crispier pizza, add 1/4 cup fat-free Mozzarella cheese (45 calories)
  • For my Margherita pizza:
  • 1/2 cup fat-free Mozzarella cheese (80 calories)
  • 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes (16 calories - may replace with full-size tomatoes)
  • Mix of italian seasonings (basil, garlic, oregano, rosemary and thyme)

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400F.
  2. If you haven't cooked spaghetti squash, please refer here.
  3. Pour spaghetti squash into a small blender, such as a bullet, and blend for about one minute.
  4. Place blended squash in a teabag and squeeze out excess water. Place back inside blender.
  5. Add remaining crust ingredients into a small blender, such as a bullet, and blend for about one minute, or until all ingredients are nicely mixed together. Pause halfway through and scrape edges with a spoon. Blend again.
  6. Place a sheet of parchment paper (or non-stick foil) on an oven-safe tray large enough for dough.
  7. If desired, lightly brush parchment or non-stick foil with coconut oil or organic spray to keep the dough from sticking.
  8. Pour dough onto parchment, shaping with a spoon into a perfect circle. You may also use a non-stick pizza pan to accomplish this shape.
  9. Stick it into the oven for about 20 - 30 minutes, or until dough is crisp on the edges.
  10. At this time, take out your crust and top with any toppings you'd like.
  11. Stick back in the oven for about 5 - 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and browned to your liking. I removed my pizza a little early, used a pizza cutter to cut my pizza into four pieces, and stuck it back in the oven so that the middle would get crisp, too!
  12. Remove when cheese has browned to perfection. Enjoy!
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes

Skinny Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust by Skinny Girl StandardSkinny Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust by Skinny Girl StandardSo what to do now? I suggest that you go to your local Whole Foods, grab a spaghetti squash and have an Italian night in. Here are my favorite essentials:

Cutting Board I Pizza Night Cookbook I Pizza Server I Fig Kitchen Towels I Fig Oven Mitten I Red Pepper & Parmesan Shakers I Faux Plant I Pizza Serving Tray and 1/2 Circle Cutter I Pizza Oven I Marble Serving Board

Oh, and “don’t forget to bring your own Merlot.” Did you catch that Legally Blonde quote? While wine imported from Italy is definitely not forbidden, Cupcake wine will do just fine. Have you tried their Red Velvet flavor yet? Sometimes I ask Ryan to snag me some wine on his way home from work, and he always goes for the Red Velvet because obviously it must be delicious – I mean, it’s red velvet flavored. Skinny Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust by Skinny Girl StandardSkinny Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust by Skinny Girl Standard

16 Comments on Spaghetti Squash Pizza

1. Clare
    August 15, 2014 at 10:06 pm (6 years ago)

Just made this with goat cheese and basil, so delicious! I found that mine needed closer to 30 minutes in the oven, but I may have laid the crust out too thick.

• jordan urtso
      August 15, 2014 at 10:16 pm (6 years ago)

So happy you enjoyed it. Goat cheese is my absolute favorite! 🙂 I’m trying that next!

2. Lee
    February 16, 2015 at 2:21 pm (5 years ago)

This is amazing! So delicious

• Jordan
      April 6, 2016 at 4:15 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Lee! 🙂

3. Tammy
    February 26, 2015 at 2:50 am (5 years ago)

I made this tonight, but it stuck to the parchment paper and I couldn’t get it off. What did I do wrong?

• jordan urtso
      February 26, 2015 at 3:08 am (5 years ago)

Tammy,

I wish I could be of better help. All I can say is that some parchment paper works better than others, and non-stick foil is sometimes a better way to go. I would also suggest very lightly brushing your parchment with coconut oil before flattening the pizza dough across it.

I hope this helps a pinch!
      Xox & God bless,

Jordan

4. Joanne
    March 8, 2015 at 12:20 am (5 years ago)

If I want to make this Gluten Free, can I just switch the flour to Gluten free flour?

• jordan urtso
      April 6, 2015 at 5:59 pm (5 years ago)

Joanne,

I’m not so familiar with gluten-free flour, but I have an inkling that that substitution would work. If it helps, I may consider substituting the cottage cheese with fat-free or low-fat mozzarella cheese to make the dough a bit more crisp!

Xox,
      Jordan

5. Page
    April 6, 2015 at 5:44 pm (5 years ago)

Did this get crispy in the middle?

• jordan urtso
      April 6, 2015 at 6:02 pm (5 years ago)

If you find that your dough isn’t quite crispy enough, I would add 1/4 cup of Mozzarella cheese to hold the dough together and harden it while in the oven 🙂

6. Kate
    May 12, 2015 at 6:46 pm (5 years ago)

Words can not express how delicious this recipe is! I made it for the first time and I am in love! I made a few tweaks (since I didn’t have cottage cheese)

Great idea and will sure make again!

• jordan urtso
      August 13, 2015 at 1:45 am (5 years ago)

Kate, so happy to read this! I have no idea what is going on with my silly notification system, but I am just seeing this now. Thanks for the sweet comment 🙂

7. Erica
    July 21, 2015 at 2:09 am (5 years ago)

I am interested in trying this, but with the grain free option. Would you suggest almond flour or Chickpea…or maybe a combination? What would be your thoughts?

• jordan urtso
      August 13, 2015 at 1:46 am (5 years ago)

Erica, I would go with almond flour. It would require slightly more considering its texture, so you may be eye-balling it, lol! But I think that sounds absolutely scrumptious. Please let me know how it works for you. Xox

8. Melanie
    September 17, 2015 at 8:26 pm (4 years ago)

Going to make this tonight, I cannot wait! Although I think I am going to try almond flour since I’m feeding some paleo peeps 🙂 Thanks for posting!

• jordan urtso
      February 9, 2016 at 3:00 am (4 years ago)

How’d you like it, Melanie? Thanks for trying 🙂