Technically buffalo wings don’t even contain buffalo, so don’t hate me when I call these my Skinny Cauliflower Buffalo Wings. Wings are perfect for company (and the Super Bowl), but they’re not so perfect for calories. Because they are so addicting, you can usually manage to finish 12 before you realize you’ve been chucking the bones into your boyfriend’s beer. Oops. But with cauliflower wings, you don’t have to worry about bones or calories. You can eat 12, with plenty of room left over for turkey burgers.If you’re going to make sesame ginger cauliflower wings, or any other kind of Skinny Cauliflower Buffalo Wings for that matter, here’s what you’ll need:
Favorites? Well, you see that flamingo plate and you’re just kind of like, I need that and I need it today. Then, you see that bamboo steamer basket and you’re like, so much room for activities. And then you see that sushi kit and it’s the only thing standing in the way of you becoming the Skinny Cauliflower Sushi master.
- 2 cups raw cauliflower (50 calories)
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour (50 calories)
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (2 calories)
- For sesame ginger wings, 1/4 cup Newman's Low-Fat Sesame Ginger (70 calories)
- For spicy wings, 1/4 cup buffalo-style wing sauce such as Xyla Wing Sauce (about 30 - 60 calories, depending)
- Spices of choice, such as Flavor God's "Everything" or "Spicy Everything" seasonings.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut cauliflower (about 1/2 head) into florets.
- Mix together flour, milk and 1 tablespoon sesame ginger sauce or buffalo-style wing sauce.
- Pour cauliflower into mix and coat well.
- Place cauliflower on parchment paper and stick in oven for about 15 minutes
- Take out and coat cauliflower in remaining sauce of course. Now, you can either return to oven and bake for another 5 minutes, or you can place cauliflower in non-stick pan and cook on the stove until pieces reach a perfect crispness. I prefer the latter 🙂
- Top with spices and serve
Or, if you prefer sweet wings, Sesame Ginger:This is my favorite seasoning! Totally great for you and insanely delicious. Adds a whole lot of POW to anything.And, if you’re not a big beer drinker, this is my favorite Super Bowl beverage with that same level of fizzzzz. Y’all know that I love my Zevia, but I don’t think you understand. There’s a Zevia for every event. And my Zevia Super Bowl pick: Ginger Ale. So you can drink an “ale” with the boys. Or girls. Or puppies.