Uh, all I do is make Skinny Samoa Ice Cream, and Skinny Samoa Brownies, and Skinny Samoa Donuts. Guess which Girl Scout cookie is my favorite. One . . . two . . . three . . . GO! Yup, Samoas. Boom! You’re so perceptive. Anyway, Girl Scouts come but once a year. They’re like Chick-Fil-A on a Sunday . . . you crave it when it’s not an option. And then you crave it when it is an option, even if you’re waiting in a long line during high school’s off campus lunch, but I oblige. And guess what? This no Chick-Fil-A on Sundays thing, this no Girl Scout cookies during offseason thing, I will not stand for it! I have made Skinny Chicken Minis, and I am now making Skinny Somoa Ice Cream. Eventually, I’ll make Skinny Samoa Donuts and Skinny Samoa Brownies. . . Oh wait! I’ve already done that! And when you make this fantastic skinny samoa ice cream, you should totally have an
Zoku Ice Cream Maker I Tilt Up Ice Cream Scoop I Minimalist Flatware I Ice Cream Storage Tub I Ice Cream Scoop I Blue Pedestal Bowls I Waffle Cone Maker I Ice Cream Maker I Frozen Desserts Cookbook I Ice Cream KitchenAid Attachment I Crate and Barrel Ice Cream Bowls
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (45 calories)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (20 calories)
- 2 tablespoons Truvia
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (12 calories)
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted (35 calories)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- If you have an ice cream maker, make sure you have frozen your ice cream bucket for 8+ hours. All ice cream makers differ, so refer to your guide for proper direction.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk, cocoa powder, Truvia and extracts. Stir until combined.
- After ice cream maker is churning, pour in coconut milk mixture. Add in salt. Allow it to churn for 15 minutes, untouched.
- Place tablespoon of shredded coconut on non-stick foil and place in oven. Bake for about 3 - 5 minutes, or until nice and crisp.
- Remove and allow to cool. Add last to ice cream or sprinkle on top.
- One ice cream has clumped together, turn off ice cream maker and serve immediately or freeze.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, add all ingredients into a freezer-friendly bowl. Stir ingredients as frequently as possible throughout the day while mixture is freezing. Your texture will be better if you have an ice cream maker, so consider purchasing one 🙂 They’re the bomb.com!