Who wouldn’t like something called Skinny Cookie Dough Pancakes? And what makes them so great? They’re oven-baked. Not. Kidding. In an honest moment, I’ll admit that I prefer oven-baked pancakes to stove-top pancakes. This is something I usually keep to myself for one simple reason: oven-baked pancakes take longer and require a LOT of patience–patience I don’t have early in the morning. So lying to myself about it is just easier.So, today we’ll be making my absolute favorite! My Ginormous Oven-Baked Cookie Dough Pancakes! This batch is unnaturally giant for one person, which I love. In these pictures, I have only used 75% of the pancake batter because I was too impatient to wait for the others to finish cooking . . . so I cooked one on the stove-top and ate it while waiting. True story. It was tough to do since this recipe is specifically made for the oven, but I made it happen. Where there’s a will, there’s a way, right?Make the perfect Skinny Cookie Dough Pancakes:
Pancake Batter Dispenser I Blue and Gold Apron I Polka Dot Flatware I Copper Mixing Bowl I Cupcake Measuring Cups I Measuring Spoons I Flat Spatula I Vintage Whisk I Crepe Maker I Mini Pancake Pan I Oven Mitts I Nonstick Griddle I Waffle Stick Pan
Favorites? Who doesn’t want a pancake batter dispenser to make amazing designs with? Also, if I can’t have those copper mixing bowls, I don’t even want pancakes. Psych! But seriously, I love them. And lastly, count me in for that nonstick griddle. It. IS. Awesome.
- 1/3 cup pastry flour (110 calories - if using whole wheat pastry flour, you may want to increase Greek yogurt by 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons Truvia
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (1/2 calorie)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (1/2 calorie)
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid egg-whites (8 calories)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk (4 calories)
- 2 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt (17 calories, depending)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (33 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (3 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon Buttery Sweet Dough Extract (you can substitute with butter extract, but you must order some of this now. It is so delicious in all recipes)
- 15 semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 30 calories)
- 1 teaspoon Swerve, organic powdered sugar, or my less-sugar powdered sugar (0 - 10 calories)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Mix together all dry ingredients for pancakes excluding chocolate chips and powdered sugar.
- Add in wet ingredients one-by-one and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter onto parchment paper in 4-inch diameter pancakes - 4 circles total - and scatter chocolate chips on each.
- Bake for approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
- After pancakes begin to brown on edges, remove and sprinkle with powdered sugar.