Skinny Churro Donuts were an obvious choice. Like, there was no considering or weighing of options. I was just like, churros? Donuts. Suuuuuure. Churros remind me of Disney World, and Disney World makes me happy. One bite, and I’m transported back to Magic Kingdom, standing in line at Splash Mountain. I knew I had to do something really awesome with churros, because churros are really awesome! This is what happened.Oh man, these mellllllllllllttttttt in your mouth. They are so sugary and cinnamony and chocolatey, and the entire batch is only 220 calories. For FOUR donuts. So make my Skinny Churro Donuts the official way:
If you’re a donut freak like me, you need this stuff:
Favorites? I have to have that donut portrait somewhere in my home. It’s a must. Also, I am the biggest fan of mugs, and I Donut Care is no different. Additionally, I am obsessed, in love, crazy about donut holes.
- Donut Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup pastry flour (110 calories - if using whole wheat pastry flour, you may want to increase Greek yogurt by one - two tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons Truvia
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (1/2 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (1/2 calories)
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid egg-whites (7 calories)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk (4 calories)
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (17 calories, depending on brand)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (33 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (3 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon Buttery Sweet Dough Extract (you can substitute with butter extract, but you must order some of this now. It is so delicious in all recipes)
- Cinnamon Crumble:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (3 calories)
- 1 tablespoon Swerve, or Truvia Baking Blend, original or brown (0 - 26 calories)
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (20 calories)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (4 calories)
- 2 packets Truvia (or 1 tablespoon)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon butter extract
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together all dry ingredients for donuts.
- Add in wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into 4 non-stick donut tins, lightly greased with non-stick spray (such as Trader Joe's coconut spray).
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. If dough is getting too brown on top, flip 7 minutes through.
- While donuts are baking, mix cinnamon mix in one bowl and chocolate drizzle in another.
- Take out donuts and coat with a thin layer of chocolate drizzle.
- Dip in cinnamon mix.
- Repeat three times.
- You won't use all of your cinnamon mixture and you'll have some chocolate drizzle left over. Feel free to use it however you see fit. I dipped my donuts in my chocolate as I went.
My kitchen is just like Disney World now. Like, really though. Which reminds me. Have you checked out my blog on How to do Disney World and Universal Studios the Right Way? I talk all about Disney World food, including Mexico’s awesome churros which you must try. And then I go into a bunch of other restaurants you must try while bopping around the parks.