If only menus had Skinny Cheese Bread as an option. I’d totally order it every day. Because this recipe is like, the very best thing ever. So on a day craving white pizza, ;ook what I did. I will not apologize. Because Cheesy bread is like . . . you know that part in John Tucker Must Die when Brittany Snow’s character says, “My mom says chocolate can even mend a broken heart”? Wrong-o, Britty-boo! Cheesy bread can mend a broken heart. Okay, fine, chocolate can too.So if you love pizza like I do, you will love this recipe. I like to consider myself somewhat of a mastermind when it comes to Italian cuisine. Well, skinnifying it anyway. So you must try this and let me know what you think, like, today. Also, make homemade bread (or skinny cheese bread) with my favorite kitchen must-haves:
Favorites? I am an addict for marble cheese boards, and one with a cheese slicer? All the better. I also have to have that bread maker. Homemade bread, warm – think those soft, warm doughy rolls that come out fresh at Italian restaurants. And finally, I wholly welcome that Raclette Cheese.
- 1/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese (45 calories)
- 3 tablespoons pastry flour (60 calories - if using whole wheat pastry flour, you may need to increase ricotta by a tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup fat-free Mozzarella cheese (80 calories)
- Garlic salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Optional 1/4 cup Organicville's Tomato Basil Sauce (17.5 calories, or personal preference.)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together ricotta cheese and pastry flour, and flatten on parchment paper. The dough will be sticky, so I placed another piece of parchment on top of semi-flattened dough and rolled over it, carefully removing it when done so that it doesn't rip.
- Sprinkle on Mozzarella cheese.
- Pop it in the oven for about 7 minutes. Keep an eye on it, making sure your cheese doesn't burn. I prefer my cheese to be a little burnt.
- Remove and allow to cool for 30 seconds - 1 minute before enjoying.
Make it crisp, soft, extra cheesy. The recipe is fairly flexible and by baking it a few additional minutes, you can have a crispier crust. Nom!