Skinny Carrot Cake Pancakes for breakfast or dessert? How does a girl choose? Is both an option? I wasn’t always that weird girl who ordered carrot cake over cheesecake, chocolate cake, and Italian cream cake at dinner, but at some point it happened. Like a bolt of lightning to my gut. The clouds opened up and the sky started to dri orange! But the bitter reality sunk in quickly after I fell in love with the stuff–while it may be named after a vegetable, it is far from good for you. So, this morning I was determined to make kick-butt carrot cake pancakes, and this is what happened . . .While this recipe is simple, there are about three spices that you need to make sure you have on hand: cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. They are vitally important to getting that carrot cake flavor. Recipe inspired by The Breakfast Lover.Make these awesome Skinny Carrot Cake Pancakes with extremely official pancake necessities:
Pancake Batter Dispenser I Blue and Gold Apron I Polka Dot Flatware I Copper Mixing Bowl I Cupcake Measuring Cups I Measuring Spoons I Flat Spatula I Vintage Whisk I Crepe Maker I Mini Pancake Pan I Oven Mitts I Nonstick Griddle I Waffle Stick Pan
Favorites? Who doesn’t want a pancake batter dispenser to make amazing designs with? Also, if I can’t have those copper mixing bowls, I don’t even want pancakes. Psych! But seriously, I love them. And lastly, count me in for that nonstick griddle. It. IS. Awesome.
- 1/3 cup pastry flour (110 calories - if using whole wheat pastry flour, increase milk by two tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon eggbeaters (8 calories - liquid egg-whites will work)
- 1 tablespoon Truvia
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (4 calories)
- 2 baby carrots, shredded (8 calories, feel free to use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon highly-active yeast (7 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (1 calorie)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (3 calories)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (3 calories)
- Cream Cheese Frosting recipe: 30 - 60 calories
- Skinny Girl Standard's Cream Cheese Frosting if desired
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl - dry ingredients first, followed by wet ingredients (excluding ingredients for cream cheese frosting).
- Drop 1/3 of mix onto heated pan. Heat for about 1 minute on each side, flipping often.
- Repeat twice.
- Mix cream cheese frosting ingredients in a bowl and add on top of pancakes.