So apparently you’re not official until you’ve created Skinny Mac and Cheese. This is what I’ve realized. Like, yeah, I could make some stuff taste good and I could cut some calories out of some pretty normal foods, but could I skinnify mac and cheese? No? Then yeah, not official. I mean, that’s how it felt. Because at least 30 different people have asked me about a skinny mac and cheese recipe and I’m always like, “Uhh . . . yeah . . . I think I have something like that.” Well, that was my response until now 🙂Here’s what you have to have to make the perfect homemade pasta:
Favorites? I love this cooking set from Anthropologie. Not only is it beautiful, but every pot and pan is the perfect size. I also love that ravioli cutter. There’s nothing like homemade pasta. And finally, please, someone, buy me that gray dining set. My birthday’s in June 😉
Like I said, because Mac and Cheese seems to be America’s staple food, I knew I needed to make a skinny version that wouldn’t lack flavor. And you know what this recipe reminds me of? Have any of you ever tried California Pizza Kitchen’s mac? Which you can totally order with edamame (so good). Welp, kind of tastes like that. Obsessed.
- 1/2 cup brown rice pasta (about 200 calories), or 2 cups Manischewitz Egg Noodles (210 calories)
- 1/4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese (45 calories)
- 1/4 cup fat-free mozzarella cheese (45 calories)
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese (20 calories)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half & half (10 calories)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon organic bread crumbs, optional (about 20 calories, depending)
- Garlic salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, "Lite" (20 calories), optional
- Cook pasta on the stove top according to instructions on packaging.
- Drain water.
- Add tablespoon half & half and tablespoon water, and turn stove back on low heat.
- Drizzle cheeses, garlic salt, pepper and optional butter in pot. If you want a creamier sauce, feel free to add more half & half.
- Once cheese has melted, sprinkle optional bread crumbs and serve.
Hope all ye mac lovers love this skinny mac.