I keep thinking of the Beatles when I think of my Skinny Chocolate Strawberry Pancakes. All because of a little song called, Strawberry Fields Forever. Sounds really, really delicious. I think this is my favorite recipe. Ever. Honestly, I had these pancakes for the first time this morning, and they totally melted in my mouth. Heaven in the Morning, as says my Pinterest Board.So here’s what I love about these pancakes. Loaded with fruit. Taste like chocolate covered strawberries (obvi). Look like something you’d eat at the Mad Hatter’s tea party. Fluffy. Low cal. Filling. And, yeah, makes me think of a time when really good music was still a thing. Sorry, I’m an oldies/classic rock lover.
Here’s what you’ll need if you love pancakes half as much as I do:
Pancake Batter Dispenser I Blue and Gold Apron I Polka Dot Flatware I Copper Mixing Bowl I Cupcake Measuring Cups I Measuring Spoons I Flat Spatula I Vintage Whisk I Crepe Maker I Mini Pancake Pan I Oven Mitts I Nonstick Griddle I Waffle Stick Pan
Favorites? Who doesn’t want a pancake batter dispenser to make amazing designs with? Also, if I can’t have those copper mixing bowls, I don’t even want pancakes. Psych! But seriously, I love them. And lastly, count me in for that nonstick griddle. It. IS. Awesome.
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, tossed with 1/2 teaspoon Truvia (20 calories)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (134 calories)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (2 calories)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla bean extract (10 calories)
- 1/2 tablespoon Joseph's Sugar-Free Syrup (4 calories - or replace with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, "Lite" for 20 calories)
- 1 packet Truvia (or 1 teaspoon Truvia)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, soured with 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar (10 calories)
- 67 mini-bittersweet chocolate chips (35 calories - I used shaved chocolate in this picture, same amount)
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another (exclude strawberries and chocolate chips).
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in one bowl and mix well, including chocolate chips and strawberries.
- Pour 1/3 of batter on non-stick pan over medium-high heat and cook for about 1 – 2 minutes each. Repeat.