Want a guilt-free topping that tastes just like the real thing, something called Skinny Whipped Cream? Welp, as suggested . . . behold, low-calorie whipped cream! This tasted exactly, if not a little better, than the real thing, and is only 15 calories per 1/4 cup.This makes me think of pumpkin pie for some reason. Every year on Thanksgiving, my mom makes the greatest pumpkin pie and the greatest whipped cream to go with it. I’ve always been a fan of the full-fat stuff because duh, especially when it comes to Thanksgiving, but if you’re worried about the holidays setting you backward in your diet/lifestyle, this is the perfect fix.What I love about this recipe is that it is so simple & enjoyable! I enjoy cooking and baking, but whipping this dessert topping together is always added fun, with only 3 ingredients and a hand-mixer.
- 1 12 oz. can fat-free evaporated milk (300 calories)
- 2 tablespoons Truvia Baking Blend (50 calories)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (12 calories)
- Before you kick things off, chill evaporated milk for about two hours. If using a hand-mixer, consider chilling the paddles before use. This will make the cream light and fluffy! I even pop my evaporated milk in the freezer for about 20 minutes before using, if running late.
- Once the evaporated milk has been chilled, pour all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, yank out the hand-mixer and beat on medium/high speed! This process will take about five minutes with a hand-mixer.
- Continue to beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
In my pictures, you’ll notice my Yellow Rose Bouquet and Marble Tray, both of which I am madly in love with. I keep them in my bedroom / office and they make the room look so classic and beautiful. Also, that Spiral Whisk is the best out there.